Sundial Garden

Sundial Garden

The Dilapidated House

The Dilapidated House

Monday, July 5, 2010

Sorrowful World (6): Abandoned Railway





I took the long way where there were mosquitoes, ants, and dragonflies. I had worn jeans to prevent insect bites. Further in, I walked past the graffiti-filled wall of the shallow tunnel and the tiny garden that had gone wild. I was at the abandoned railway of Teban Gardens. Where the grass ended, there was a path of sand and gravel. I knelt down and stared into the shallow tunnel. It was like an open mouth, a void. Then, I saw someone approaching from the other end. I realised I was not alone. It was a man, and he was carrying a camera. Perhaps, like me, he was here to capture a moment in time, a memory of what would soon be gone.

1 comment:

  1. I like the picture. And i like how you described it.
    Fantastic!
    :-)))

    ReplyDelete